Roberta LaMonaca, Director of Library Services
PROSSER PUBLIC LIBRARY
TUNXIS AVENUE, BLOOMFIELD, CT 06002
Bloomfield's Prosser Public Library and P. Faith McMahon
are committed to enriching our community by providing
acquire information and education while fostering
inspiration and imagination.
860-243-9721 (Prosser Adult)
860-242-2972 (Prosser Children) 860-242-0041
Word or Phrase
Search Bloomfield & other libraries' catalogs
Access materials (books, magazines, etc.) from any
CT Library through
Download Audio Books and e-books
catalogs in our regional library network.
HOW TO PLACE HOLDS
PLEASE NOTE: The Library does not place holds on VHS or
DVD videos. Holds can be placed on
books, audio books, music CDs, magazines, and any library materials other than
VHS and DVD videos.
1. From the "Library Catalogs" page of Prosser Public
Library's website, click on the "Library Catalogs" button.
2. From the list of libraries in our regional "Library
Connection" network, click on "Bloomfield: Prosser Public Library."
3. You will be directed to the "CONNECT" page. Click on
the link for "Bloomfield's Combined Catalog."
4. You will enter our library network's
electronic catalog system. In the search window, enter the title (or author)of the item on which you wish to place a hold, and then click on the "Search"
5. On the search results page that appears, there may be
listed several different editions of the same title.
(For example: large-type, audio book-on-tape, audio book-on-CD, paperback). Find
the specific item you would like to hold and
click on the "Details" button under that listing.
6. When the "Details" page appears, go to the left menu
and click on "Place Hold."
7. You will get to the Place Hold screen. In the
appropriate box, enter your 14-digit library card number, without the spaces.
(Please note that
if your library card has expired, or your fines have accumulated to over $10.00,
then the hold feature will not work).
8. Under the library card box, enter your PIN number.
(The default PIN number for all library users is CHANGEME.You
may personalize your PIN number by changing it online. Follow the
prompts on the screen.)
9. From the drop down box below the PIN number box,
select where you would like to pick up your hold,
either BLOOMFLDPL (for Prosser Public Library) or BLOOMFLDWB (for the McMahon Wintonbury
10. Click the "Place Hold" button. A screen will appear
that confirms that your hold has been placed.
Congratulations! You've placed your hold!